Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring Break

I woke up this morning at 6am to get ready for work. Wanna guess what I saw?...Come on..guess...ok, I'll tell you, it was the SUN!! I haven't seen it in a while. :-) It means spring is on its way. I am back to work today after having 2 full days off. I do not remember the last time I had 2 days off in a row with nothing to do. It was very nice. I got chores caught up and yesterday I stayed in my pajamas all day. My friend came and visited, I haven't seen her in a long time. Monday I went shopping with a gift card I got for my birthday and got some tops that will qualify for the "Disney Look" for traditions and classes. Because I had 2 days off, I watched a lot of youtube videos of Disney. I also compiled a few lists, I want to share with you guys.

List #1~~ Things to do BEFORE I leave for Florida.
-Finish this semester--duh
-Find homes or babysitters for my pets
-Have car fixed, or buy a new one, whichever way is the cheapest
-Have a yard sale to rid my house of clutter and make money for Disney :)

List #2~~ Things to do while IN Florida
-Ride every ride possible in Disney
-See every parade and fireworks show possible. I heard if you time it right on certain nights you can make it to every park and see all the firework shows.
-Get LOTS of smashed pennies.
-Try to get all the characters autographs. Childish, but it will be fun.
-Go to Universal at least once
-Go to the beach at least once
-Try not to eat in the parks more than once a week.
-Visit the resorts and Disney hotels to see what they look like on the inside.

List #3~~ Things to BUY to make life easier in Florida
-Small camera to fit in my purse
-Purex 3-in-1 Laundry sheets. They are a must for anyone who has to lug laundry anywhere. http://www.purex.com/purex-3-in-1
-A smashed penny book
-Stamps, so I can write to my friends and family at home. Everyone loves getting mail from Disney.
-I might buy bed risers. I don't think I am going to have that much stuff with me, and I hate crawling under the bed to get stuff out.

If anyone has suggestions to add to these lists, let me know!
And I was wondering if I should have a "going-away" party? This will be the longest Ive ever been gone from home. But I'll only be gone 6 months. I dont want to appear selfish. Any ideas?
Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. I don't see anything selfish about a going-away party! You just want a chance to spend some time with people you care about before leaving them for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a going away party for my first program!!!

    ReplyDelete