Saturday, July 24, 2010

13 days

I leave in 13 days!!! EEEEKKKKK *::insert panic here::*

But I am very excited to be leaving for Florida soon. I have started packing, and by this I mean I have a pile started. Yesterday I went shopping and got space bags and toiletries. I'm going to start packing towels and blankets. Things I won’t need right not. I still need to buy new socks, all my socks are bright colors. I'm sure the Disney look won’t allow neon color socks. I also need to buy shorts. I own 1 pair of jean shorts.

I printed and filled out all my on-boarding paperwork. I located my social security card so all I have to do is grab it. In the paperwork, I pretty much signed my life away to Disney. I am ok with this because I want to work there sooooo bad.

I told y’all earlier that my jeep was not “Florida worthy”. My old roommate is letting me take her jimmy. Now I’ll have air conditioning and a radio. When we went and picked up the jimmy, Dan kept saying how much nicer it was than my jeep. Yesterday when I picked up my friend to do some shopping, I was in the jimmy, she said the same thing. My old roommate is driving my jeep. Her mechanic friend is tinkering with is and is going to try to get the radio working again. Because I do not own the car, I emailed Disney with concern on “proof of registration”. They said I just needed to get a letter from her saying I have permission to drive the car. She put me on their insurance, so that is not an issue.

Many people got an email from Disney saying renters insurance required. The facebook page light up with concern and worry. Why did Disney wait till just now to tell us about this added expense? Yesterday I called my house insurance. They said I was covered for property “off-site”. So, yes I am covered while at Disney. The insurance is going to send me a letter verifying this so I can have it at check in.

My last day at the theatre was this last Thursday. It’s very sad and happy at the same time. I have been working there since 2004. Two years ago new management came and took over. I got laid off. A few months later they were hiring and I applied and got rehired under the new management. This was good for them because I knew some of the buildings personality that they did not know and they did not have to pay for me to be trained. I have also worked at a few of their other theatres in the area. I thought about applying to a theatre while at Disney. I’ve had 2 jobs for the past 6 years. I quickly decided that I wanted to play on my days off. My last day at Lake Williamson is Aug 3rd. That is a couple weeks shy of my 6 year anniversary.

Dan and I are driving to Florida on the 6th. When he gets off work, we’ll leave. Hopefully we’ll get to Orlando around noon-ish on the 7th. He and I will get a cheap hotel for the night and tour the area. Scope where check in is on the 9th. On the 8th, he got a flight in the morning to go back home. This means I’ll be by myself all day until I pick up my roommate Mandie from the airport around 5:30pm. She and I got a hotel for that night at pop century.
I cant wait till I get to meet all my roommates and start working at Disney. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    Sounds like you have an awesome time ahead of you in Florida! Just wanted to say we're glad Space Bag can help you pack for this journey in your life. Feel free to visit our community, Space Savers, where we give packing tips and other organization advice that may come in handy for you. Best of luck with everything.

    Space Savers community correspondent
    www.SpaceSaversCommunity.com

    ReplyDelete